Angeles City Barangays

Barangay Sto.Rosario

Historical Background

In 1796, Don Angel Pantaleon De Miranda and his wife Rosalia De Jesus together with their followers proceed North of San Fernando and made the first clearing from the thickly forested area creating a new settlement, a barrio of San Fernando known as Culiat in those days. It was on December 08, 1829 that Culiat was officially recognized as an independent town, with a very small population with only 661 at the time. In May 1899, Angeles became the seat of the Philippine Government under the leadership of General Emilio Aguinaldo, and the celebration of the first anniversary of Philippine Independence, proclaimed a year earlier in Kawit, Cavite was held in Angeles on June 12, 1899. Angeles especially Barangay Sto. Rosario like other towns and cities of the Philippines was occupied by the Japanese during the Second World War.

Many contributing factors like commerce and other industries make Sto. Rosario as one of the most progressive Barangay in the City.


Demographic Profile

  • Total Population — 3,483
  • Households — 869
  • Schools (Public / Private) :

Environment

  • Total Land Area — 56.44 hectares

Contact Information

  • Address Sto. Rosario St., Sto. Rosario, Angeles City
  • Mobile 0919-6812400 (PB)

Barangay Council

  • Punong Barangay Hon. Renato C. Cosme
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Mariquita D.C. Cunanan
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Manuel C. Chan
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Jeffrey N. Tan
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Ronal A. Licup
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Carlito C. Tayag
  • Brgy. Councilor Hon. Joana Joy T. Flores
  • Secretary Gary T. Tapnio
  • Treasurer Antonio J. Anonuevo
Angeles City Local Government - All content is Public Domain