Barangay San Jose
Barangay San Jose is one of the original Barangays upon separation of Kuliat (Angeles) from the town of San Fernando, Pampanga in 1892. The said Barangay is bounded on the North by Barangays Sto. Rosario ang Sto. Cristo on the South by Sto. Domingo,; on the east by Pulung Bulu and on the West by Barangay Cutcut.
In 1945 it was sparsely of about 200 family heads. A year later in 1946, at the height of the anti-dissident campaign of the government, many residents of the different Barangays of the surrounding municipalities like Bacolor, San Fernando, Arayat, Magalang, Porac Etc. have evacuated their Barangays and found their settlement in Barangay San Jose which tremendously effected increased in its population. These evacuees (migrants) occupied a land owned by the evacuees and sub-divided it. Upon learning about this the residents filed a petition to the defunct Land Tenure Administration of the government to purchase the land they were occupying for redistribution to the actual residents/occupants. Their petition was favorably granted by the late President Ramon Magsaysay.
In 1963, Angeles became a chartered City. The progresses of our Barangay continue as subdivision developed which contributed to the economy of the Barangay. Due to its proximity to the City Hal, School and Church the population increased to 10,320 strong 2014.
The land area is about 32 hectares which is composed of 14 hectares to Villa Gloria, 12 hectares to Land Tenure Admi8nistrator and 6 hectares to San Angelo Subdivision. Barangay San Jose is generally residential area.
- Total Land Area — 9,320sqm
- Address San Fabian St., San Jose, Angeles City
- Mobile 0916-5982406 (PB)
- Punong Barangay Hon. Harry P. Castro
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Rodel C. Tiglao
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. James C. Timaio, Jr.
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Albert S. Santos
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Rommel R. Yu
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Mailyn D. De Leon
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Danny M. Datu
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Francisco D.G. Yumul
- Secretary Jose Crisente P. Santos
- Treasurer Marites O. Tipay