The late part of 18th century saw the founding of another barrio, with the initiative of the late Don Jose “Pepe” Henson, together with the late Don Clemente N. Dayrit Sr. Barangay Pandan was born out of clearing made by our Ancestors. Pandan plants grew abundantly in the area, So our forefather clear the area to establishes and cultivation to make it productive, thus, the birth of Pandan as a barrio.
With eaigthy-one (81) pioneers that established residence in the area, it has grown to a blooming number of the total population is 17,895 projection 2011, Thus, Pandan plants with aromatic and exotic scent become a barrio, so improving and proud to be one of the thirty three (33) Barangays of the City of Angeles. It got its name from the plant wich is called Pandan, this plant until now is being used as a flavor in some delicacies and in rice cooking.
Barangay Pandan is located in the Eastern part of Angeles City, bounded on the Northeast by Abacan river, Southwest by Barangay Mining and Salapungan, Southeast by Barangay Tabun, Northwest by Barangay Balibago and Abacan River.
The Distance from Barangay Poblacion or Cuty Proper is 2.5 kilometers. The means of transportation from the Barangay to the City are tricycles,jeepneys and mini-bus.
Saint Ignatius De Loyola is the saint of the Barangay, wich celebrates its annual fiesta every 31st of July, which is worth remembering, for this was the day the society if Jesus, best known as the Jesuits was founded.
In the year 1947, the barrio folks elected their first ever leader in the person of Remegio B. Angeles, known as Tenyente Del Barrio, thru Viva voce or means raising hands from 1974 up to 1964, when Municipality of Angeles was enacted to be chartered city, the last Barrio Lieutenant also happens to be the first Barangay Captain in the person of Marcial G. Cruz.
- Total Population — 17,895
- Households — 3,178
- Schools (Public / Private) :
- Daycare Center :
- Orchids Day Care Center
- San Ignacio Day Care Center
- Holy Spirit II Day Care Center
- Elementary School :
- Pandan Elementary School
- San Ignacio Pandan Elementary School
- High School School :
- Francisco G. Nepomuceno Memorial High School
- Private Schools :
- Brightwoods Learning Center
- Shekinah Learning Center
- Heath's Montessori
- Health Service Centers :
- Hospital :
- Barangay Health Center :
- Total Land Area — 167 hectares
- Punong Barangay Hon. Jeremias M. Alejandrino
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Bernardo B. Villavicencio
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Arlon B. Lacson
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Abelardo F. Pineda
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Anita C. Banting
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Ariel C. Simbulan
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Antonio S. Rivera
- Brgy. Councilor Hon. Alejandro S. Sanchez
- Secretary Sandro L. Pineda
- Treasurer Juvilan P. Aquino